ORDA-2017 Teachers' conference
After a varied and interesting edition in 2015, we are delighted to be launching the ORDA Teacher’s Conference once again in 2017, on Saturday October 28 from 10:00 – 18:00.
This year the conference theme will be New insights into group and ensemble teaching. We look forward to putting together a varied programme exploring this subject, offering a range of different approaches to group teaching, ensemble technique and consort playing.
This full-day conference will feature a keynote speaker, who will kick start the day with their own lecture. The presentations of the selected proposals will follow. Towards the end of the conference day, there will be a round table discussion, where all attendees are welcome to ask questions and discuss the topics raised. The day will close with a networking chat: an opportunity to get to know one another and swap contact details.
Applications are now open, and we would like to invite (recorder) teachers from all over the world to submit their proposals to present at this conference, along the theme New insights into group and ensemble teaching.
- We are looking for presentations of 20 minutes, consisting of 15 minutes speaking + 5 minutes for questions. The time will be strictly adhered to by our chairperson.
- Everyone is encouraged to submit a proposal; whether you have two years teaching experience or twenty, whether you teach beginners or advanced students, in schools, peripatetic, private, or other forms of teaching. We aim to programme a diverse and varied range of presentations from different backgrounds and countries.
- Facilities such as a beamer, speakers, and piano will be available. Others may be arranged in discussion with the organisers.
- The conference will be filmed and put on Youtube afterwards. You are also free to use this material for your own website etc. If you are not happy with your presentation being broadcast then just let us know.
- The language of the conference and presentations will be English.
Deadline for application: 1 August 2017.
The selected participants will be informed by 10 August.